Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pedal Pusher

Yesterday I managed to strip the other pedal clean off the crank arm.

It started a while ago when I incorrectly installed pedals on the wrong side one day. It took that ride to discover my mistake and move them across but the damage was started. It took a week or so before the first pedal loosened and fell off as I was giving Jesus a high five on the Gonzaga campus.

Off to the bike shop with one foot I went.

My favorite guy cleaned up the threads and gave it back. It worked for another couple weeks. I ride too hard for that to go down any other way. So, last week he replaced one of the crank arms. Sensitive to my unemployed status, he found a replacement part that isn't as pretty as the original,  but fully as functional and that is all I care about. If I want pretty, I will comb my hair.

Well, yesterday I was coming out of a river bottom and stripped the other side. I was four miles out. At least the other foot got the workout this time. And I was riding with friends. One footed is fine.

I called Larry at Steve's ( Bikes ) on Cannon and he sighed. He knows my problem. Now I wait until the proper part can be secured. Is there a bike wrecking yard someplace where spare parts are mouldering while awaiting just this time?

I still have my  mountain bike so I can roll and I love that bike. But me and the road bike have matching color schemes. And we are both sleek and fast and sporting pink accessories. Hurry Larry.

I have apologized to the bike a number of times for my gaff. She doesn't care about the crank arms, she is just missing the sun today. Spring has finally shown the sun and flowers bloom.

I see dirt in my future.

Until then, I am still looking for the perfect bike job. I like this option, I want to be the driver/bartender of this Beer Bike Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment