Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It's fun.

I like to ride and thats a fact. 

Not specifically for speed though I have gotten faster because I ride often. 
Not specifically for fitness, though it is a great side effect, and I feel energetic.
Not for the cool gear, though I appreciate my bikes more than my car.

No, I ride because it is fun. I love to roll, I love the wind in my hair, I love the sun on my face, I love flexing my muscles and breathing deep and pushing hills. I love my mind wandering and quieting and becoming clear. I love the creative ideas that come to me when I am enjoying the tweet of birds, swirling of clouds and flow of miles.

So I will ride with you, fast or slow, road or mountain bike. I will dash along if you are a fixie fiend. If you want to cruise, I can slack. I enjoy your company. I love to see people ride.

 But I will ride alone at any time. I need no one to feel complete or to appear in public and that includes riding. I can ride for miles or days alone if you can't come. And happily so. 

So, how can a life long rider find a way to ride more. How can my bike pay?

Moveable feast?: Picnic Table Bike






No comments:

Post a Comment